Downgrade Baseband 5.15.04 to 5.13.04 then Unlock with ultrasn0w (3G Only)
This method will only work for iPhone 3G with bootloader version 5.08 (5.8)!
UPDATE: If you have an AT&T iPhone 3G/3GS, unlock it permanently using this.
You can quickly check your bootloader version by using TinyUmbrella. Download it from here. It should show your bootloader version right away.
What you need:
- Jailbroken iPhone 3G
- Fuzzyband – install this from Cydia
- afc2add – install this from Cydia although not necessary
- i-Funbox – a file explorer for iPhone, Mac users can use DiskAid
- 5.15.04 certificate (download ICE2-05.15.04.cert) for Fuzzyband
- Launch Fuzzyband after installing the app via Cydia.
- Connect your iPhone to the computer.
- Launch i-FunBox and select File, then go to Applications/Fuzzyband.app, right-click and then select Copy from PC.
- Copy ICE2-05.15.04.cert you have downloaded earlier to this location
- Go back to Fuzzyband and you can now begin the downgrade process. If the downgrade is successful, you should see “I Haz Downgrade“
- You can now unlock it with ultrasn0w.
Share This Article
Sign up Free Email NewsletterStay Updates with this Blog. Get Free email newsletter updates, Enter your Email here:
Don't forget to confirm your email subcription