Fix Absinthe ‘You Must Run this App as Administrator’ on Windows Error
Trying to jailbreak your iPhone 4S or iPad 2 with Absinthe but getting the ‘You Must Run this App as Administrator’ error on Windows? Here’s the fix.
The easiest way to fix this is by right clicking on this program and click ‘Run As Administrator’. However, if you’re running Windows 7 (or XP) and it doesn’t have the option for you to input your local admin password, you can try the following.
1. Download the latest Absinthe from GreenPois0n.com.
2. Decompress the zip file to your local drive. I prefer C:\ drive. Here I created a folder called ‘jb’.
3. Once you have all the files ready, click Start > Run and they type CMD. This will launch the DOS window.
4. Go the directory where the files are by typing in:
5. Once you’re there, simply type:
runas /user:Administrator absinthe
6. It will then prompt you to enter the password. If you know your password, then enter it right now. Hit enter and Absinthe should start immediately.
That’s it! Then simply follow on screen instructions to jailbreak your iPad 2 or iPhone 4S.
If you don’t remember your local admin password and you do have local admin rights, change your password on the Control Panel.
I hope you can jailbreak your device now!
Share This Article
Sign up Free Email NewsletterStay Updates with this Blog. Get Free email newsletter updates, Enter your Email here:
Don't forget to confirm your email subcription