How to Downgrade 3GS on iOS 5 Beta to iOS 4.1 for Untethered Jailbreak
If you’ve recently updated to iOS 5 and wanting to downgrade back to iOS 4.x for untethered jailbreak, it’s still possible to do so because Apple is still (secretly?) signing iOS 4.1.
So if you’ve never have saved your SHSH before, downgrading to iOS 4.1 allows you to have untethered jailbreak on your 3GS.
It’s simple, here’s how:
1. Be sure to remove iTunes 10.5 beta from your computer and reinstall with the latest version of iTunes.
2. Download original iOS 4.1 firmware for 3GS.
3. Put your device into DFU mode (or search for guide on YouTube):
- Press power (top) and home buttons simultaneously until your iPhone reboots itself
- Keep pressing both buttons until you see the Apple logo
- When the Apple logo disappears, release the power button but keep pressing the home button for approximately 15 seconds
- Your device is in DFU mode if the screen is blank but iTunes detects it as a device that needs restoring
4. Press Shift+Restore (Windows) or Option+Restore (Mac), point to the iOS 4.1 firmware you just downloaded.
i. If you get error 1015, use TinyUmbrella to kick your device out of recovery.
ii. Assuming you already have baseband 6.15.00, you must use custom firmware created with sn0wbreeze or pwange tool to restore your device.
Share This Article
Sign up Free Email NewsletterStay Updates with this Blog. Get Free email newsletter updates, Enter your Email here:
Don't forget to confirm your email subcription