How to Downgrade iOS 5.1.1 to 5.0.1 on iPhone 4S, iPad 2, 5.1 On iPad 3 with Redsn0w 0.9.11b1
This latest version of redsn0w 0.9.11b1 brings with it the support for downgrading the iPhone 4S, iPad 2 and the new 3rd generation iPad to an earlier version of iOS 5 from iOS 5.1.1 or iOS 5.1.
The downgrade allows you to bypass iTunes completely. In order for a successful downgrade, you must have your SHSH blobs+APTicket saved either locally or on Cydia. Once downgraded to iOS 5.0 or iOS 5.0.1, you can jailbreak your iDevice untethered.
Before you proceed, please take some time to read the release notes and warnings by MuscleNerd:
- The new feature is at Extras->Even More->Restore
- You cannot downgrade without the personalized SHSH blobs for your device at that lower firmware. You need to have fetched those blobs while the signing window was open, using either Cydia’s built-in TSS@Home feature, or with TinyUmbrella. The new Restore screen of redsn0w lets you choose either the remote blobs or local ones (for the earlier firmware). If you don’t know where TinyUmbrella put your blobs, TinyUmbrella has a button that will show you (copy them out of that folder and feed them to redsn0w).
- The A5 downgrade method actually updates to the latest firmware before downgrading to the earlier one.This process updates your baseband to whatever is newest. DO NOT USE THIS METHOD IF YOU RELY ON UNOFFICIAL UNLOCKS of your iPhone4S. Those who used the temporary SAM technique to unlock their iPhones to specific SIMs shouldn’t be affected by this baseband update.
Just to be clear, iPhone 4S users who rely on an unlock should avoid this entirely if your SIM interposer doesn’t support baseband 2.0.12 because it will update the iOS and the baseband first before downgrading the iOS.
2. Connect your device and close iTunes if it launched itself automatically.
3. Go to Extras.
4. Click on Even More.
5. Click on Restore.
6. You will see IPSW, Local and Remote. Click on IPSW, and point redsn0w to the firmware file to which you want to downgrade to e.g. iOS 5.0.1. Redsn0w will now ask you for the stock iOS 5.1.1 firmware.
7. If you have your SHSH blobs saved:
- Locally on your computer – click Local and find the .plist file that has the SHSH blobs for your device. Click Next.
- Remotely on Cydia – redsn0w should automatically put your device into Recovery mode to fetch the files from Cydia server.
8. redsn0w will automatically stitch the SHSH blobs to the IPSW firmware file which you selected, and then it will automatically restore your device without having to launch iTunes.
That’s really all you need to do! Once you’re on iOS 5.0.1 or iOS 5.0, you can enjoy your untethered jailbreak again.
Once again, this downgrade is only applicable for A5 or A5x devices.
Share This Article
Sign up Free Email NewsletterStay Updates with this Blog. Get Free email newsletter updates, Enter your Email here:
Don't forget to confirm your email subcription