Tweak Systems Power Profile to Increase Battery Life in iOS 5.x
If you’re a heavy iPhone user like me, your battery probably won’t last more than a day. Check out this jailbreak tweak that might help squeeze out more juice from your battery.
Just like a computer’s operating system, iOS also comes with power management that adjusts how much your device uses power. By editing the com.apple.SystemPowerProfileDefaults.plist file, you may be able to increase your battery life.
I left my iPhone overnight at 85% battery power with WiFi, 3G and GPS turned on. By 8am the next day, it only consumed 2% of power. Not too bad, huh?
Let’s cut to the chase, here’s how to do it:
2. Download one of these power profiles:
- Ultra power saving profile ultra_power_saving_mode.zip
- Medium power saving profile medium_power_saving_mode.zip
- Default power profile default_power_profile.zip
3. Launch DiskAid or i-FunBox and browse to the following folder location:
4. Replace or overwrite the com.apple.SystemPowerProfileDefaults.plist with the one you just downloaded in step 2.
5. Reboot your device and you’re done!
If you like to revert to default power profile, simply use the default power profile plist file.
I haven’t tried this on iOS 4.x yet but if you would like to try (at your own risk), the .pfile file is located at the following folder:
Good luck and share with everyone if this helps!
Share This Article
Sign up Free Email NewsletterStay Updates with this Blog. Get Free email newsletter updates, Enter your Email here:
Don't forget to confirm your email subcription