Unlock AT&T iPhone 4S Baseband 1.0.11, iPhone 4 Baseband 4.11.08 and 3GS Baseband 5.16.05
Looks like a security flaw in iOS 5 running on an AT&T iPhone 4S allows you to unlock it and use T-Mobile SIM card.
UPDATE: Forget about hacking your iPhone, make it officially unlocked here.
See the video and instructions below.
This video was made by a YouTube user “g35mik.”
Here are the steps based on the video:
- Insert original carrier AT&T SIM card.
- Dial 611 for AT&T customer service hotline and drop the call.
- Turn on Airplane Mode.
- Take out AT&T SIM card.
- Insert T-Mobile SIM card.
- Make sure WiFi is off (he also tapped on ‘Forget this Network” to make sure it doesn’t connect automatically later).
- Switch off Airplane Mode and iPhone will search for network. This is followed by the Apple splash screen appearing.
- Activation Required will be displayed on the screen.
- EDGE network will activate automatically – notice the ‘E’ on the top left corner of the screen.
- Wait for about 20-30 seconds and turn off the phone.
- Turn on iPhone and the same Activation Required screen will be displayed.
- When you see one signal bar, tap on Use Cellular Connection.
- Eject SIM card. Wait about 7 seconds, then pull out T-Mobile SIM.
- Activation Required screen will be displayed the second time. Now slide to unlock go to home screen and now put in AT&T SIM card.
- Insert SIM card. It will show the Apple logo and say “Activation Required” for the second time.
- Unlocked! Do the same thing as before, tap on Use Cellular Connection.
- This time wait 7 seconds, then quickly pull out the AT&T SIM card and put in the T-Mobile SIM card.
Special thanks to Anthony (see comments below) for steps 13 to 18 and proven it to work!
The last few minutes of the video was a bit confusing due to the activation steps.
He also claimed that this method will work on iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4. If you’re a T-Mobile USA customer, why don’t you try this and let us know?
Share This Article
Sign up Free Email NewsletterStay Updates with this Blog. Get Free email newsletter updates, Enter your Email here:
Don't forget to confirm your email subcription