Unlock iPhone 3G & 3GS (Baseband 6.15.00) with Ultrasn0w 1.2
We apologize for being offline for the past 24 hours as our server was bombarded with so many requests!
Now that the new unlock is out for iPhone 3G and 3GS who are on basebands 5.14.02 and 5.15.04, we would like to present a rather long tutorial on how to do this.
Unfortunately, it is not as straightforward as we initially thought. Note that the new Ultrasn0w 1.2 will only unlock baseband 6.15.00 which comes with the iPad firmware.
There are 3 main steps in this process:
1. Update your iPhone to 4.2.1 via iTunes.
2. Jailbreak your iPhone using redsn0w 0.9.6b5 and at the same time it will update the baseband to 6.15.00. (To save bandwidth, please Google for download link).
3. Unlock for any carrier using the new ultrasn0w 1.2. (Note: iPhone Dev Team skipped the unlock for 5.14.02 and 5.15.04, they did the unlock for iPad’s baseband 6.15.00 which is compatible for 3G and 3GS)
WARNING: Please do not proceed if you are unsure what to do. We will not be responsible for any damage caused to your iPhone.
1. There is no way to downgrade your baseband if you are already on 6.15.00.
2. Starting from iOS 4.2.1 and if you have a baseband 6.15.00, you will NOT be able to restore using the original firmware. You can only do it via a custom firmware created with redsn0w or other tools.
3. iPhone 3GS with new bootroom will be boot thethered – which means you have to put your iPhone into jailbroken state every time you reboot your phone.
1. Download iOS 4.2.1 for iPhone 3GS or 3G from the Apple website.
2. Update and restore to iOS 4.2.1 firmware using the IPSW file you just downloaded via iTunes 10.1.
3. Download and start Redsn0w 0.9.6b5 and select the iOS 4.2.1 firmware to start with the jailbreak.
4. Select “Install Cydia” & “Install iPad baseband” options and then click “Next” to continue. Redsn0w will now download the hacked 06.15.00 baseband from iPad’s 3.2.2 firmware and will replace it the baseband in iOS 4.2.1.
5. Switch off your device and make sure it is plugged in to the computer before you click “Next”.
FOLLOW the on screen instructions on putting it into DFU mode or watch the following YouTube video:
6: Redsn0w will jailbreak your iPhone and once done, it will restart automatically and you will find it jailbroken state (you will find Cydia) on iOS 4.2.1 firmware, with the unlockable 06.15.00 baseband.
Additional Notes: For iPhone 3GS (New Bootrom) to be able to run Cydia, you must first run your device in the so called “jailbroken state” on every reboot by using “Just boot tethered right now” option in Redsn0w.
7. Last step – unlock using ultrasn0w 1.2 instructions here.
Share This Article
Sign up Free Email NewsletterStay Updates with this Blog. Get Free email newsletter updates, Enter your Email here:
Don't forget to confirm your email subcription