Current Basebands Unlock Status (software/hardware)
- 4.26.08 – ultrasn0w 1.2.x
- 5.11.07 – ultrasn0w 1.2.x
- 5.12.01 – ultrasn0w 1.2.x
- 5.13.04 – ultrasn0w 1.2.x
- 6.15.00 (iPad baseband) – ultrasn0w 1.2.x
- 5.14.02 – no unlock available – update to 6.15.00
- 5.15.04 – no unlock available – update to 6.15.00
- 5.16.02 – no unlock available – update to 6.15.00
- 5.16.05 – no unlock available – update to 6.15.00
- 1.59.00 – ultrasn0w 1.2.x
- 2.10.04 – Gevey Turbo SIM
- 3.10.01 – Gevey Turbo SIM
- 4.10.01 – Gevey Turbo SIM
- 4.11.08 – no unlock available
- 1.00.11 – no unlock available
Frequently Asked Questions about Unlocking your iPhone 3G, 3Gs and iPhone 4
1. Can I downgrade my baseband or modem firmware from 5.14.02 to 5.13.04?
Yes, this is only possible on iPhone 3G which has a bootloader version 5.08.
2. How do I downgrade my baseband from 5.14.02 to 5.13.04?
If you have an iPhone 3G with bootloader version 5.08, you can downgrade it using Fuzzyband.
3. I don’t have bootloader version 5.08, can I downgrade my bootloader?
No, this is not possible.
4. What is the difference between basebands 2.10.04 and 5.14.02?
2.10.04 is the baseband version for iPhone 4 whereby 5.14.02 is the baseband used for iPhone 3G and 3Gs.
5. What is Fuzzyband?
Fuzzyband is a software available for download on your iPhone from Cydia to downgrade the modem firmware of your iPhone 3G to a version that has an unlock available, for instance version 5.13.04.
6. How do I unlock my iPhone?
There are 2 main steps of this process, first you need to jailbreak it, and secondly you need to do the unlocking.
7. What baseband versions can be unlocked?
Any baseband can be unlocked except 5.14.02, 2.10.4, 5.15.04 and 3.10.01.
8. If I have upgraded my baseband to 6.15.00, can I downgrade to iOS 4.1?
Yes, you can use sn0wbreeze. However, you will get an error when restoring to stock firmware 4.2.1.
9. Can I upgrade iPhone 4 baseband 2.10.04 or 3.10.01 to iPad baseband 6.15.00?
No, this is because iPhone 4 uses a different baseband chip. iPhone 3G, 3GS and iPad share the same type of baseband chip.
Share This Article
Sign up Free Email NewsletterStay Updates with this Blog. Get Free email newsletter updates, Enter your Email here:
Don't forget to confirm your email subcription